Getting to Know Your New FloatingMat
We thank you for your purchase of FloatingMat! Please follow the following instructions and guidelines for the care and use of your FloatingMat BEFORE use.
Use of your FloatingMat
Your FloatingMat is designed for use in open bodies of water, and NOT for use in swimming pools. If you desire to use a FloatingMat in a swimming pool, or other small body of water, please consider purchasing our smaller FloatingMats.
Before you unroll your FloatingMat into the water, be sure to choose a location with sufficiently deep water and clear of obstructions (both above and below the surface of the water). Position your FloatingMat a safe distance from any objects, including but not limited to boats, piers, docks, rocks, etc. Do NOT place your FloatingMat in locations frequented by boats. After you unroll your FloatingMat, secure it with a rope, anchor, or other device to prevent it from drifting.
Once you are finished with your FloatingMat for the day, remove it from the water and roll it up. You should secure the mat with the provided strap or a bungee cord.
Care and Maintenance of your FloatingMat
Your FloatingMat requires little maintenance, but to ensure your FloatingMat endures many summers, please follow the following care guidelines:
- To clean your FloatingMat, use clean water and a sponge to remove dirt or other debris.
- The FloatingMat is stain resistant, however, should a stain develop a mild detergent soap and water may be used remove the stain. Be sure to remove all soap from the FloatingMat before storage.
- At the end of the season, remove your FloatingMat from the water, remove any debris, rinse with clean water, wipe it down with a sponge to remove any grime that may have developed over the season and roll it up. Allow the mat to dry completely before storage.
Important Safety Guidelines
Extreme caution should be exercised while using your FloatingMat. Before use, everyone using this FloatingMat should read and understand the following guidelines:
- Your FloatingMat is capable of floating approximately 1500 pounds. However, the placement and location of the mat may dictate a lesser amount. Common sense should be used on the number of persons allowed on the mat at any given time.
- Your FloatingMat is not designed to be towed behind a boat or personal watercraft. DO NOT TOW your FloatingMat behind any boat or personal watercraft.
- Maintain a safe distance between your FloatingMat and any floating objects, including, but not limited to, docks, platforms, boats, or piers.
- The use of a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III (PFD) vest while using the FloatingMat is highly recommended.
- DO NOT use your FloatingMat after sunset, before dawn, or during times of poor lighting conditions.
- ALWAYS use proper supervision if your FloatingMat is in use by children. NEVER allow a child to use the FloatingMat alone.
- Because it lays flat on the water, while in use a highly-visible buoy should be used to mark your FloatingMat to alert other boaters of its presence.
- DO NOT use your FloatingMat during storms, or when lightning is present. If an unexpected storm arises while using your FloatingMat, discontinue use and seek shelter on shore immediately.
- ALWAYS examine the areas under your FloatingMat before use to ensure the surrounding water is free of rocks, logs, sand bars, and other underwater obstructions. If you are unsure, inquire about local conditions if you are unfamiliar with area.
- ALWAYS examine the areas around your FloatingMat to ensure there is a safe distance from objects above the water.
- If your FloatingMat is anchored or tied to a boat, ALWAYS maintain a safe distance from the rope, anchor or lower unit on the boat.
- DO NOT use the Floating Mat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- DO NOT attempt to swim under your FloatingMat.
- DO NOT attempt to walk on, wrestle on, or otherwise use your FloatingMat in a manner which could cause someone to fall off.
- DO NOT dive off head first, attempt backflips, or forward rolls, while jumping off of your FloatingMat. Serious risk of severe bodily harm, even death, may result. When jumping off, always enter the water feet first.
- When not in use, secure your FloatingMat to prevent use by unauthorized or unsupervised children.
- Common sense should prevail when playing on your FloatingMat.
Your FloatingMat comes with a one-year warranty as set forth below and is given by FloatingMats, LLC, only in respect to product purchased and used in the United States.
FloatingMats, LLC’s product(s), when delivered to you in a new condition in original container, are warranted against defects in material or workmanship for one year from date of purchase so long as the product remains the possession of the original owner. Defective product(s) returned to FloatingMats, LLC, or an authorized service location, and proven to be defective upon inspection, will be repaired or exchanged for a new product where applicable. The warranty period for any replacement product shall be consistent with the terms set forth of the One Year Warranty.
When returning any product under this One Year Warranty, you must first contact FloatingMats, LLC, to obtain return authorization. The product must be packaged securely with a copy of the invoice or bill of sale, together with a complete description of the defect. Shipping charges, if any, will be prepaid by the customer. Products covered by this One Year Warranty will be returned to you without charge by FloatingMats, LLC.
This One Year Warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not apply in the following cases:
- Loss or damage to the product due to abuse; mishandling; alteration; accident; failure to follow maintenance or storage instructions; or any acts of God, including storm or animal damage.
- Loss or damage to the product from towing or incorrect tethering.
- Surface snags, scuffs and tears from sharp objects, including metal objects, nails, claws, swim suit ornamentation, jewelry, other water toys, etc.
- Wear and tear from normal use and weathering, including weathering from UV light.
- This One Year Warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the product.
No implied warranty, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, or fitness for a particular purpose, applies to the product after the applicable period of express warranty stated above. No other express warranty, except as mentioned above, given by any person, firm, dealer or corporation with respect to your FloatingMat shall bind FloatingMats, LLC.
FloatingMats, LLC will not be liable for loss of revenue or profit, failure to realize savings or other benefits, or for any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use, misuse or inability to use the product regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based, and even if FloatingMats, LLC, has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Nor shall recovery of any kind against FloatingMats, LLC, be greater in amount than the purchase price of the product sold by FloatingMats, LLC.
Without limiting the foregoing, you and any user of your FloatingMat, assumes any and all risks and liability for loss, damage or injury to you, your property, and to others and their property arising out of the use, misuse, or inability to use any product sold by FloatingMats, LLC, not caused directly by the negligence of FloatingMats, LLC. This One Year Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
We would like to thank you again for your purchase of the FloatingMat. We are sure that you will be provided with many years of enjoyment.
Should you have any questions, please call us at 1-918-504-8586