Is it time to take your on-the-water fun to the next level with a floating foam water mat?
These mats are a popular and versatile accessory and provide a stable and comfortable surface that can be used for a variety of activities, including lounging, socializing, and even practicing yoga.
But it’s important to know what you are looking for, based on how you will be using your floating mat.
There are several different types of floating water mats available in the market, each with its own set of features and advantages.
Foam mats offer several advantages over inflatable mats, such as their durability, ease of use, and affordability.
They are generally thicker and more buoyant, making them ideal for use in rougher waters or with heavier loads.
When comparing floating foam water mats, there are several important things to consider.
Look for high-quality foam that is both durable and buoyant. The mat should be well-constructed with a sturdy outer layer that is resistant to punctures and tears.
Consider the size of the mat and how many people it can accommodate, as well as the weight capacity to ensure it can support the number of people you plan to have on it at one time.
Additionally, consider the weight and ease of transport of the mat, especially if you plan to take it to different locations.
And, with proper care and water mat maintenance, your new floating foam water mat should last you for many years – making this a great investment for you and your family!
Whether you’re an experienced boater or a casual weekender, you want to make sure to get the best for you, so let’s dive in and check out what you need to know so you can make the best choice for your on-the-water fun.
Benefits of Owning a Floating Foam Water Mat
A floating foam water mat is an excellent investment for anyone who loves spending time in and on the water. Not only does it provide a safe and stable surface to play on, but it also offers a wide range of benefits that can take your day on the water to a whole new level.
- Versatility: There are all sorts of different ways to use your floating water mat, from lounging to playing games. You can use it as a platform for sunbathing, as a launchpad for diving, or even as a stage for impromptu performances. And more. as in our mats at FloatingMats.com have been called “the best babysitter ever!”
- Safety: Foam mats provide a safe and stable surface to play on. Unlike inflatable mats and toys that can deflate, are super rigid, or are prone to other problems, a floating foam water mat is designed to stay afloat and keep you above the water. The high-density foam used in these mats also provides added buoyancy and stability.
- Durability: The best foam water mats are made with durable materials that can withstand wear and tear from regular use. The high-quality foam used in these mats is resistant to punctures, tears, UV rays, mildew, and saltwater, ensuring that your mat will last for years to come.
- Portability: Many floating foam water mats are lightweight and easy to roll up, making them convenient to transport wherever you go. You can bring your mat with you on the boat, on camping trips, beach vacations, or even just down to the local pool.
In short, owning a high-quality floating foam water mat is an absolute game-changer for summer fun on the water. Not only does it keep you safe and comfortable while you play, but it also offers a versatile and stable surface that’s perfect for lounging or socializing with friends and family.
But, as with any purchase, you also need to know what to look for…
Quality Matters – What to Look for When Choosing Your Floating Mat
When it’s time to buy and you are comparing floating foam water mats, there are several things to consider to make sure you get the best value and the best mat for your specific use.
Here is what to look for in terms of quality, construction, and overall functionality:
- Material: High-quality closed-cell foam is the preferred choice for floating water mats, as it offers superior buoyancy, durability, and resistance to punctures and UV damage. Look for mats made from materials such as XPE (cross-linked polyethylene) or EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate) foam.
- Thickness: The thickness of the foam directly impacts the mat’s buoyancy and overall stability. Generally, thicker mats (1.5 to 2 inches) provide better support and can accommodate more weight, making them suitable for multiple users or more rigorous activities.
- Dimensions: Consider the size of the mat based on the number of users and the available space on the lake. Larger mats offer more room for multiple users but may be harder to transport and store. Smaller mats are more portable but may have limited capacity.
- Weight capacity: Check the weight capacity of the floating mat to ensure it can safely support the intended number of users. Keep in mind that exceeding the weight limit can compromise the mat’s performance and safety.
- Anchoring system: A reliable anchoring system is essential for securing the mat to a dock, boat, or stationary object to prevent it from drifting away. Look for mats with strong D-rings or grommets and durable tethering ropes or bungee cords.
- Surface texture: The surface texture plays a role in comfort and safety. Mats with a non-slip, textured surface provide better grip, reducing the risk of slips and falls.
- Construction quality: Look for mats with thermo-bonded seams and reinforced edges to ensure maximum durability and longevity. Thermo bonding is a process that uses heat to fuse materials together, creating a stronger bond that is less likely to fray or split over time. Pay attention to the quality of the stitching or heat sealing used in the mat’s construction to determine its overall durability and resistance to wear and tear.
- Mildew and UV resistance: Choose mats made from materials that are resistant to mildew and UV radiation to ensure they stay in good condition for longer. Exposure to these elements can cause damage and deterioration over time, so it’s important to choose mats that are treated with UV inhibitors or have a protective outer layer that is resistant to sun damage. This will help prevent fading, cracking, and other forms of wear and tear caused by prolonged exposure to the sun and moisture.
By keeping these factors in mind, you’ll be able to choose the ideal floating foam water mat for your next adventure on the lake.
With a high-quality and durable mat underfoot, you and your family and friends will enjoy a safe and comfortable experience on the water that provides endless opportunities for fun and relaxation for years to come.
Why FloatingMats.com is Your Best Choice
At FloatingMats.com, we believe that our mats are simply the best choice for exceptional quality, unmatched durability, and long-lasting fun.
Our mats not only offer a fantastic range of sizes and thicknesses to cater to your needs, but also boast unique features that set us apart from the competition.
- 100% Made in the U.S.A. using the highest-quality American-sourced foam
- Thermo-bonded for strength, with built-in mildew and UV protection
- Softer and less abrasive than competitors’ mats
- Proprietary patent-pending heavy-duty, metal-free grommet system for easy anchoring
- That “metal-free” is important because anchoring systems built with metal components will, at a minimum, scratch your boat, and can potentially cause injury to users.
- Environmentally friendly, made from non-toxic, 100% recyclable materials – Our foam floating mats are made of cross-linked Polyethylene foam!
Now that you know that our mats give you the quality and durability that you expect and deserve, here is a little about our most popular floating foam water mats.
Popular Mats from FloatingMats.com
- GrandMat: 3-ply all-black, 1 7/8-inch thick mat holds up to 2,400 pounds with excellent buoyancy and stability
- GrandMat Deluxe: 3-ply blue/black, 1 3/4-inch thick mat with stylish appearance provides a comfortable surface that holds up to 2,600 pounds
- OceanMat: 4-ply blue/black, 2-inch thick mat holds up to 3,000 pounds and offers a safe and stable mat for all of your water fun
- OceanMat Deluxe: 4-ply blue/black, 2.25-inch thick (holds up to 18 people) is a monster and truly the ultimate in flotation strength
We’ve also got some smaller mats that might be right for entry level users, and you can check out all of our mats on our SHOP page.
As you know, there is nothing like spending time on the water with family and friends.
And with a quality floating foam water mat from FloatingMats.com you will be ready to create fun days and lasting memories for all. Get yours today!